CLIMA launches a new call for proposals for social enterprises in Lebanon
CLIMA project launches a new call for proposals to support the social enterprises at a local level to streghten the compost value chain. The international ngo Cospe - Together for change, one of the project partners, will be responsible for managing grants in Lebanon to provide subsidies to 5 social enterprises interested in developing innovative businesses for the use of raw material. CLIMA's grant fund is intended to promote circular economy initiatives in Beirut and Mount Lebanon more specifically Bikfaya and Matn, in order to achieve sustainable environmental and economic development.
IF YOU ARE:
- A green entrepreneur (either individuals or in group)
- A start-upper
- A representative or a partner of a startup
- A representative of an association/NGO
- A representative of an informal group
In the event of selection, informal subjects must formalize themselves before signing the grant agreement.
IF YOU INTEND TO:
- Launch a social and environmental project in Beirut or Mount Lebanon region
- Develop an existing social and environmental project by enriching it with new components in Beirut or Mount Lebanon region.
You are invited to apply for participation in the call for proposals before Tuesday 30th November, and your participation will allow you, upon the advice of the jury, to receive a grant of up to 5,000 Euros in addition to access to expert technical support and mentoring.
The granted projects are required to provide a co-financing contriution of at least 10% of the total cost of the project. All projects must have as primary target area the governatorate of Beirut or Mount Lebanon.
OUR GRANTING PROJECT
Phase one: project applicants should carefully complete the application form aiming at presenting their project ideas
Phase two: During the second phase, the shortlisted candidates will receive training support in two areas: Project Ideation and business plan drafting
Phase three: successful candidates will receive:
- A grant appropriate to the project's needs
- Pre-creation support
- A cycle for the support of capacity building
- Specific training
The selection criteria for proposals will be based on transparency, equity, and non-discrimination. The following criteria will be used:
Social and environmental impact
- Relevance: ability to meet the needs of communities and local roots
- Environmental impact; sustainable use of natural and energy resources; conversion / management capacity of agricultural and agro-industrial systems towards an agro ecological model
- Innovation and ability to promote the local and circular economy, following a value chain approach
- Ability to create new decent, inclusive and sustainable jobs: inclusion of women and gender equality, youth, people with disabilities
Viability of the business model
- Adequacy and viability of the budget / business plan;
- Income generation capacity;
- Percentage of contribution payable by the grant beneficiary (at least 10%);
- Feasibility analysis;
- Quality standards and risk prevention.
Governance and sustainability
- Quality of Internal Governance and staff management;
- Organizational and financial capacity;
- Collecting and networking: ability to create and coordinate with territorial groups in the value chain or network with other initiatives (at local, regional and national level; with other initiatives already active or underway activation)
- Economic, social, environmental and cultural sustainability.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- Fill out the CLIMA -2021 call for proposals – micro grants form
- Send the document to the email address: email@example.com with the following mention: Subject: LEBANON-CONCEPT NOTE - CLIMA 2021
- An infoday will be organized aiming at providing explanations regarding eligibility criteria, registration and application instructions and other useful information. The infoday can be attended online by registering at this zoom link or you can attend it in person at The Library CLAC of Bikfaya Municipality on 23rd Nov 2021 at 3:00 PM. The attendees who are planning to participate in person should confirm their attendance before the 20th of November sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for sending applications: Sunday 5th December 2022 before 11:59 p.m. local time