Egypt: CLUSTER4GREEN is looking for Financial Manager
The Accounting Manager for Project Cluster4green is supporting the Director of Finance and Operations in ensuring the smooth running of the project local sub-contracts and accounts payables. S/he participates heavily in planning and maintaining the day to day financial and accounting activities including bookkeeping, and overseeing the accounting operations.
Main Responsibilities and tasks:
- Adhere to EUD’s, FEI’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures; (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable).
- Ensure adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet the standards.
- Responsible for managing local sub-contacts, processing and tracking their payments.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing payments for local big vendors.
- Issue bank transfer letters to sub-contractors and vendors.
- Participate in the monthly accounting closing and the preparation of periodical reports.
- Preparing Distribution Vouchers (DVs) and other accounting vouchers as needed.
- When needed, review payment requests and ensure all financial transactions are sufficiently supported, properly approved and coded, and accurately calculated .
- Assist in maintaining cash and bank registers in excel format that are matching with the accounting system registers.
- Attend senior staff meetings, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in an equivalent position working for EUD-funded programs is preferable, or an international development organization.
- Good financial and accounting background.
- Experience in using accounting software.
- Very Good in English (reading, writing, speaking) and fluent in Arabic.
- Flexible, and have the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of HR best practices, systems and databases.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Good Human Relation skills,
- Integrity and ability to work under pressure
Applications will be accepted up till 20/5/2022
More details can be found here
About the CLUSTER4GREEN PROJECT
The creation of economic opportunities through the promotion and development of the Mediterranean circular economy is the essence of CLUSTER4GREEN. In a vast part of the region, the leverage potential of circular economy is still lagging, deeply affecting the capacity of green sectors to generate wealth and jobs. CLUSTER4GREEN will take on the legacy of several previous projects that paved the way for the adoption of sustainable models of development, based on the circular concept, in industries like textile, building or smart cities. It will continue the green path with the generation of a “Common MED Circular Economy Programme” aimed at supporting both the green entrepreneurs and the local authorities responsible for the creation of an adequate green business environment. Innovative and sustainable business models will be elaborated and presented to a wide number of enterprises during specific training and assistance activities. As a final step on the green way, sustainable investment alliances will be established forging Public-Private Partnerships at national and international scale: as a result, the project will contribute to the “greening” of several Mediterranean industrial sectors at pilot level.