Egypt: CLUSTER4GREEN is looking for a Project Manager
The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) is one of the country’s largest employers’ associations. Since its inception the [FEI] has been carrying out its responsibilities towards defending and supporting Egyptian industries, firmly believing in industry as the pillar of the sustainable development of the country and as the tool to alleviate poverty and attain prosperity.
FEI effectively advocates the common interests of its members, defends their positions and implements projects with international donors to raise the competitiveness of the industry.
The FEI is participating as one of the implementers of the project “promoting Innovative clusters and value chain of SMEs for sustainable development-CLUSTER4GREEN”. The project is a two – year financed by the European Union The project is to be implemented simultaneously in Mediterranean countries namely: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Spain, France and Italy, as the late considered the lead applicant.
The project aims at continuing the green path with the generation of a “Common MED Circular Economy Programme” aimed at supporting both small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurs responsible for the creation of an adequate green business environment. Innovative and sustainable business models will be elaborated and presented by the federation to a wide number of enterprises during specific training and assistance activities. As a final step on the green way, sustainable investment alliances will be established forging Public-Private Partnerships at national and international scale: as a result, the project will contribute to the “greening” of several Mediterranean industrial sectors.
The Project Manager will play a key leading role in planning, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of this 24 months project.
S/He will be responsible for the daily implementation and management of ongoing project, work packages and tasks, including the facilitation of further spinoff project as part of the project activities.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Area (1) Project Planning & Implementation
- Lead and oversee the effective implementation of the project objectives, ensuring high quality and timely deliverables to fulfil our obligations to stakeholders at all levels;
- Prepare and regularly update the budget for the entire grant period; and oversee all expenditures;
- Lead the hiring of the project consultants and short term experts ensuring that delivery is cost effective, and integrated.
- Support in the development of program design and implementation to ensure that the project achieves concrete, measurable results that lead to positive changes in the targeted groups by the project;
- Integrating the incentive schemes and advanced mobile mentorship tools; and training the involved staff on using and implementing them properly.
- Putting in place process and procedures to steer and facilitate the work process.
- Area (3) Reporting and Coordination
- Ensure accurate monitoring & evaluation and indicator tracking plans for the different project components, developing additional monitoring & evaluation tools as necessary to monitor project progress;
- Ensure developing timely and quality technical and financial reports as per the project donor’s requirements against the agreed indicators;
- Compile reports on a monthly, and quarterly basis;
- Collaborate actively with the local partners in the field; solicit advice and feedback and work with their teams.
- Develop and foster relationships with partners, government authorities, private sector and other actors to ensure continued support for the project and enlist their support and assistance in working towards achieving sustainable and replicable program models;
- Knowledge Management
- Provide overall assistance for maintaining team and program information on internal systems working with the team to organize and maintain content and periodically updating pages;
- Support the department’s data collection and information needs including all reporting requirements.
- BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for FEI, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Master’s degree in Business/Economics, Development, Law, Management or Business Administration.
- Highly developed conceptual thinking and design experience
- Open to ambiguity, experimentation and iterative learning through action based research and experience on the ground
- Hold self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and holding the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Ability to travel outside Cairo .
- Excellent knowledge and command on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work independently and to remain flexible, adaptable and reliable.
- Advanced skills in proposal writing and donor relation (desired).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (particularly writing), with fluency in English and Arabic required, French is a plus
How to apply
More details can be found here
About the CLUSTER4GREEN PROJECT
The creation of economic opportunities through the promotion and development of the Mediterranean circular economy is the essence of CLUSTER4GREEN. In a vast part of the region, the leverage potential of circular economy is still lagging, deeply affecting the capacity of green sectors to generate wealth and jobs. CLUSTER4GREEN will take on the legacy of several previous projects that paved the way for the adoption of sustainable models of development, based on the circular concept, in industries like textile, building or smart cities. It will continue the green path with the generation of a “Common MED Circular Economy Programme” aimed at supporting both the green entrepreneurs and the local authorities responsible for the creation of an adequate green business environment. Innovative and sustainable business models will be elaborated and presented to a wide number of enterprises during specific training and assistance activities. As a final step on the green way, sustainable investment alliances will be established forging Public-Private Partnerships at national and international scale: as a result, the project will contribute to the “greening” of several Mediterranean industrial sectors at pilot level.