GIMED: Webinar "Intellectual Property as Vector for Green innovation in the Mediterranean"
Following the development of two National Intellectual Property Rights reports in Lebanon in the green sector and in the textile and fashion, in the context of the GIMED and STAND Up! projects respectively, funded by EU under the ENI CBC Med Programme, Berytech with the Regional Activity Centre for Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP/RAC) are organizing an online webinar to showcase the key findings of these 2 reports to highlight the importance of developing the circular economy in Lebanon and in the Mediterranean.
The reports will serve as practical guidebook that will guide innovators and stakeholders in the green sector on how to develop, protect and commercialize Green Intellectual Property innovations and fashion/textile innovations in the Mediterranean. Among the main highlights of the webinar, you can find the following items:
- Importance of green innovation in developing a circular economy
- Key recommendations to protect and commercialize IP innovations
- Start-ups, initiatives, spin-off projects in the green and fashion/textile sectors
- Importance of sustainable innovation in the textile value chain
- Current status of Intellectual Property Rights in Lebanon and in the Mediterranean
Agenda of the webinar:
4:00pm – 4:05pm | Welcome note (Berytech, JTS)
4:05pm – 4:15pm | Circular Economy In The MED (SCP/RAC)
4:15pm – 4:25pm | Presentation Of The Green Intellectual Property Rights Guidebook
4:25pm – 4:30pm | Q&A
4:30pm – 4:40pm | ENI-Funded IPR Practices in the Mediterranean
- Dr. Farah Al Zein, Founder GreenShiftLeb
- Dr. Dominique Salameh, General Director Fermendom, France
- Mrs. Anna Ibáñez, Program Manager at SCP/RAC
4:40pm – 4:50pm | Presentation Of The Intellectual Property Rights As Vector For Green Innovation In Textile And Clothing Sector In Lebanon
4:50pm – 4:55pm | STAND Up! Benchmark Analysis
4:55pm – 5:00pm | Q&A And Closure
Registrations are open, you can register here.