INVESTMED award grants for the development of incubation and acceleration programmes for entrepreneurs and start-ups in Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia
INVESTMED Partners have announced the award of sub-grants to Business Support Organisations (BSOs) in the Southern Mediterranean.
The EU-funded INVESTMED project launched a call in November 2021 for proposals to develop incubation and acceleration programmes for entrepreneurs and start-ups in key sectors in Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia.
17 applications were received across the three target countries, which were evaluated by a committee made up of INVESTMED partner representatives. The successful applicants are:
The funding will be used to develop, launch and implement programmes to support selected entrepreneurs in the green economy, blue economy, and cultural and creative industries to realise their business goals.
The overall aim of the INVESTMED project is to address the economic and environmental challenges facing small businesses in the Mediterranean, in order to foster sustainable growth and economic development.
Congratulations to all awarded organisations! We look forward to working together to build strong and prosperous entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean.
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 million euros, of which 3.4 million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 9 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
- Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
- Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
- Rumundu Social Promotion Association, RUMUNDU (IT)
- Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)