INVESTMED Newsletter announces sub-grant winners and celebrates training academy success stories
The EU-funded INVESTMED project has published its third newsletter, summarising the progress achieved up to March 2022. The project's activities towards strengthening entrepreneurship in key sectors in the Mediterranean have continued to advance - 3 cycles of trainees have successfully graduated from the Sustainable Business Management training programme, with 2 more currently underway. Alongside the 7-week programme is a complementary series of seminars, organised by project partners EMEA and LUMSA University, which is now over half-way through.
Another key pillar of the project is direct financial support - calls for sub-grants were opened to both Business Support Organisations (BSOs) and to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs); one BSO each from Egypt, Tunisia and Lebanon have now been selected to receive this funding, to deliver incubation and acceleration services to entrepreneurs and small businesses in their country. Winners of the call for MSMEs will be announced shortly.
Overall, the project is making great progress towards its goal of supporting new, sustainable business opportunities in the blue economy, green economy and cultural and creative industries in the Mediterranean, in order to foster sustainable growth and economic development in the region.
Stay tuned for more updates in the months to come!
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 million euros, of which 3.4 million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 9 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
- Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
- Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
- Rumundu Social Promotion Association, RUMUNDU (IT)
- Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)