JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: the American University of Beirut is looking for a MED-InA project manager !
The American University of Beirut, partner of the MED-InA project, is looking for a project manager ! Please note that only Lebanese nationals may apply.
Starting date: August 1st, 2021
Position: A full-time Project Manager is needed to manage one of the work packages of a three-year EU-funded Mediterranean project, called MED-InA (Mediterranean Integrated Alliance on Waste for cities and citizens), in collaboration with other Mediterranean partners in France, Spain, Jordan and Tunisia. The focus is to support business incubators in promoting innovation and selecting startups to deploy circular economy/waste management initiatives in local communities.
The Project Manager will work at the Nature Conservation Center at the American University of Beirut for a period of 12 months. S/he will be actively involved in project management and research which include and not restricted to organizing and conducting interviews and meetings with incubators and project partners, conducting research, analyzing data, writing reports, as well as other administrative activities under the supervision and support of Dr. Alain Daou.
The Project Manager will have an important role to play in the successful completion of the project’s work package through a variety of activities that are listed, but not restricted to those, below:
1. Conduct desktop research and literature reviews related to the project(s) on entrepreneurship for social development, innovation, circular economy, etc.
2. Attend and prepare for physical and virtual meetings with stakeholders
3. Prepare and conduct physical and virtual interviews and surveys with stakeholders
4. Preliminary analyze the collected data
5. Identify gaps, lessons learned and recommendations
6. Coordinate with project partners and funding agencies
7. Prepare and submit progress technical reports and coordinate with other AUB departments for financial-related matters
1. A master’s degree in business, social sciences, environmental sciences, environmental policy or a relevant field
2. 2-5 years’ work experience
3. Previous experience in managing international grants (USAID, EU, etc.) and liaising with funding agencies for both technical and financial aspects of the project
4. Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read, and written). Knowledge of French is a plus
5. Proficiency in writing donor and progress narrative reports, case studies and other related documentation
6. Ability to work under pressure
7. Good administrative and organizational skills
8. Ability to work pro-actively, independently, and efficiently
Applicants must send a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references with full contact information to AUB-NCC’s Operations Manager (e-mail: email@example.com), no later than July 15, with the subject, “Project Manager MED-InA – Nature Conservation Center”.
More information here: www.aub.edu.lb/employment/Pages/ra-intern.aspx