Jordan: ESMES is looking for a project engineer
Call open: 27-06-2021 Call close: 06-07-2021
Area of Service: German Jordanian University -GJU Campus, Madaba, Jordan
Contract Duration: 2 months under Probation, with possible extension until end of project.
The Energy Smart Mediterranean Schools Network (ESMES) project addresses growing energy demand, fossil fuel dependence and increasing CO2 emissions in the Mediterranean area through fostering renewable energies and reducing energy use, with the common perspective of adapting to climate conditions and finding innovative, effective ways of optimizing renovation investments in public buildings. The project will end, on August 31st, 2022, but there is a possibility for an extension. For more information please visit http://www.enicbcmed.eu/projects/esmes
The engineer hired will support the project for Work Package 5 (WP5) as summarized below. The objective of WP5 is to pilot REEE solutions, evaluation of the impact of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (REEE) portfolio solutions on buildings energy performance; innovative energy diagnosis (ex-post). This will include the supervision of the tendering, installation and running of REEE solutions (in different areas of Jordan, including Irbid, Madaba, Karak and Aqaba); analyze energy patterns and draft energy diagnosis; evaluate outcomes through comparing new energy consumption with the baseline scenario collected during Work Package 4 (WP4); share results through the online platform.
- MS in Energy Engineering or related field with a BS in Electrical Engineering with at least good standing.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English writing and speaking.
- Mandatory to have driver license and means of transportation.
- Experience in Renewable energy and storage systems design.
- Capable of Harmonic analysis and modeling.
- Experience with Data acquisition systems and Online platform tools.
What is offered:
- Part time ESMES project employee, NOT GJU employment.
- Compensation: timesheet based monthly payment, with a daily rate of 43.75 €.
SEND CV, certificates and transcripts and to firstname.lastname@example.org