Lebanon: open position for a Programs manager under the NEX-LABS project
The Lebanese partner Berytech in Lebanon is looking for 1 Programs manager - apply by 10th November
The programs manager will join the vibrant Berytech team to manage a portfolio of entrepreneurship and innovation programs, targeting Lebanon and the Mediterranean region with the objective to support the creation and development of novel and scalable businesses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
Programs And Business Development
Assist the projects lab director in:
- The definition and development of project scope and objectives.
- Research and support in the development of program proposals and business development opportunities.
- Follow up on partnership development.
Assist The Projects Lab Director In The Operational Management Of Programs
- Assist in the management of programs operations with the support of a program’s team.
- Develop program processes and planning including the action plan, budget, timeline, resources, staffing needs, budget requirements, logistics, outreach, format, reporting requirements, etc.
- Oversee and follow up on implementation in coordination with the programs team.
- Manage programs’ requirements in collaboration with the programs’ team and in coordination with concerned departments including planning, execution, follow-up, outreach and mobilization of stakeholders, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Maintain and manage relationships with the programs’ stakeholders including following up with partners, beneficiaries, and donors to understand project requirements, liaise for project implementation and grow the scope of opportunities in the field.
- Oversee and support in producing reporting on the progress and status of projects ensuring that issues are escalated and managed as required.
- Add value and explore opportunities through researching new practices, networks and improving existing tools of the programs in the required fields.
Business & Technical Support
- Assist in the development and management of the programs’ business support activities, in coordination with the responsible team members or external consultants. Activities include and are not limited to: capacity building, coaching and mentoring, technical assistance, innovation boot camps, entrepreneurship training, and events in collaboration with the program’s team.
- Provide access to market and funding opportunities for programs’ beneficiaries in particular sectors by building and developing partnerships with industry players, partners, academia, investors, etc…and running matchmaking events and initiatives in collaboration with the program’s team.
- Support and manage activities for the empowerment of ecosystem players such as business roundtables, training of trainers, advocacy meetings, and business conferences in collaboration with the programs’ team.
- Build and maintain relationships with local and international ecosystem partners, donors, and the community and take part in networking activities and events where relevant.
- Market intelligence: Support in developing and processing the department’s targeted database (startups, experts, partners, etc).
- Support in research, analysis, and development of programs.
- Attend events, conferences, and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Lead on organizing project activities (outreach, business support, etc) with the support of the relevant departments.
- Participate in Berytech-related events and networking opportunities when called upon.
- Assist in tasks required by the organization.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, or relevant majors.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in project management preferably in the entrepreneurship and innovation fields with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial position.
- Strong experience in programs operations management, preference goes for EU projects management experience including understanding of budgets, resources planning, activity design and development, research and analysis, reporting, processes, etc.
- A course or certification in project management is a plus.
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of entrepreneurship.
- Professional content development skills and writing of proposals.
- Experience in managing an operational team.
- Excellent planning skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, French is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, keen to work in a team environment, and customer oriented.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and knowledge in project management tools is a plus.
- Self-starter, resourceful, Initiative taker, able to make decisions.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced professional environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit a cover letter and a CV by email to email@example.com, adding the job title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.