The MAIA-TAQA project partner 'Jordan Chamber of Commerce' is looking for an External Financial Coordinator
The MAIA-TAQA project partner 'Jordan Chamber of Commerce' is looking for an External Financial Coordinator.
- Sound knowledge of European Union financial legislation, procedures and tools.
- Budget planning and accounting skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Computer literacy (principal office software, perfect use of MS Excel);
- Working experience in international cooperation programmes, particularly Mediterranean Countries area.
- Experience in the use of the Project Cycle Management methodology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Upon request, prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Maintain accurate budget reporting in EU standard templates;
- Prepare other recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget/financial preparations;
- Undertake any financial required tasks
- Prepare the requested financial report, supporting documents and project documentations to the auditor after the approval of the first party.
- Co-operate to the technical implementation of the project according to the contents of the project.
- The second party guarantees his high performance to fulfill the project requirements and deliverables deadlines.
- Transition to the Accrual Basis of Accounting.
- The financial statement will give detail on exact expenses with each item of the expenditure plan in expenditure currency.
- Comparison between expenditures plan and real expenditures.
- Detail on the exact amount and dates of funds received from the donor and the interest from the project bank account (list of each instalment received with amount and date).
- Balance in bookkeeping corresponds to the effective cash (bank account a cash box).
- For each item of the expenditure plan there will be a comparison between planned budget and real expenses. The deviation between planned and real expenses has to be expressed in figures and in percentages.
- In case of deviations by more than 30% (lower or higher costs) there will be explanation given.
- Report on the fair presentation of the financial statements in conformity.
- The Bookkeeping and all written communications, including the points mentioned above, will be pursued in English-language.
- Support the preparation of procurement plans for the projects and monitoring of their implementation
- Understands the main processes and methods of work related to the position.
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the procurement and contract management and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results-Based, including support to implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Ability to achieve results and deadlines in a timely manner, maintaining a high standard throughout.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree corresponding to completed university studies attested by a degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent).
- At least 5 years experience in the financial management of international/European cooperation programmes /projects, in particular external aid and/or EU-funded projects /programmes, preferably on cross-border, trans-national or interregional co-operation;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of written and spoken English corresponding to the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent;
- This contract in (euros), the contract value is 250 euros monthly for this project only.
- In case of any travel outside Amman requested the first party shall bear it.
Implementation of the tasks and delays:
The start date for this contract shall be on / /2020 and is valid for one year from the date of signing, and if any parties want to stop it, shall notify the other party before one month of date of ending.
- Any personal data included in the contract shall be processed with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. The data shall be processed solely for the purposes of the performance, management and monitoring of the contract by the Lead Beneficiary / project partner without prejudice to possible transmission to the bodies charged with monitoring or inspection in Application of EU law.
- The second party should be committed to the confidentiality of the project data and agreed not to use it without the written permission of the first party, and if used, the name of the project and Jordan Chamber of Commerce should be shown.
Further additional clauses:
- This contract is regulated by the Jordanian Law however applicable, for the goal above specified to identify some of the criteria on the base of which to assess the services object of this contract, from the normative and rules mentioned in the introduction and the call. The only competent Hall is the Court of Amman.
Deadline for applying is Wednesday, October 28th
For more information about the project: www.enicbcmed.eu/
All applications must be sent by email to Dr. Hala Khasawneh at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Chamber of Commerce
218 Princess Basma street, Abdoun, Amman –Jordan