Med4Waste in Lebanon is looking for Research assistant – Assistant Project Coordinator
The Environment & Sustainable Development Unit (ESDU) at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences (FAFS) of the American University of Beirut is an inter-disciplinary research and development center specialized in rural community development, local food systems and sustainable agriculture. For more than 20 years, ESDU has been promoting through large community development projects sustainable rural livelihoods all over Lebanon. The Unit focuses on participatory development and capacity building through knowledge management and sharing, appropriate technologies, and impact analysis with particular attention to smallholder farmers, women and youth in the rural areas.
2. Scope of Work
1. Role and Responsibilities
The Environment and Sustainable Development Unit (ESDU) at AUB is seeking the services of a research assistant with experience in the waste management field. He/she shall support the project coordinator in developing the Med4waste activities. He/she shall directly coordinate with the ESDU project coordinator
The research assistant will provide all necessary services similar but not limited to the ones mentioned below:
· Conduct research related to the project’s thematic areas
· Conduct research related to sustainability and waste-water-energy-food nexus and assist in developing proposals, reports and papers. Assist in project/thematic activities monitoring based on related work plans and prepare progress reports accordingly
· Assist in the organization of events, workshops, roundtables, including the preparation and dissemination of information, and their follow-up communications
· Participate in regular meetings and communications with partners. Follow-up on and report the discussions accordingly
From January 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023.
4. Qualifications & Requirements
- University Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in environmental engineering, alternative energies, sustainability management or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English languages
- Good reporting skill
5. Preferred experience
- Previous experience with ENI CBC Med projects
- Previous experience in the waste management and circular economy fields
- Previous experience in the project management field
- Research Master or Doctoral Degree in waste management or other related fields
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position in the title or in the body of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.