Sub-grants from MedSNAIL project will benefit actors of the agro-food sector in Palestine and Jordan who will be involved in pilot actions. Sub-grants will help enhance the agro-food value chains, i.e. by allowing the purchase of machinery and materials to support production, or of services external to the partnership.
- Potential beneficiaries
Actors of the agro-food sector in Palestine and Jordan who will be involved in pilot actions (WP4).
- Total available budget
The project will award eight sub-grants for a total budget of 67.700,00 €.
- Number of sub-grants and breakdown by country
Five in Palestine (of 8.620,00 € each) and three in Jordan (of 8.200,00 EUR each).
- Actions to be carried out with the sub-grants
Sub-grants will help enhance the agro-food value chains, i.e. by allowing the purchase of machinery and materials to support production, or of services external to the partnership.
The project partners are currently receiving individualized training provided by the PP01 (Slow Food Foundation) that allows partners to map actors in their respective territories. Once the actors and their needs for the correct development of the project in Palestine and Jordan have been identified, the activities subsidized through the subgrants will be defined more concretely.
- Selection criteria and award procedure
Sub-grants procedure will be managed by each involved partner for its country, according to common requirements defined by the Steering Committee. The procedure will consist in an open call addressed to single producers and SMEs, who will be selected according to common criteria, including:
• Production scale: the call will only address micro, small and medium enterprises;
• Type of agro-food products: only actors dealing with local, traditional products that are strongly linked to local communities will be considered;
• Commitment to comply with MedSNAIL requirements as far as sustainability, security and fairness of products and production practices are concerned: priority will be given to actors whose production practices are already consistent with the MedSNAIL approach.
- Tentative calendar
A tentative calendar could be in October 2022.