The CLIMA project will provide financial support to 12 individual or collective enterprises - i.e, microenterprises, social enterprises, cooperatives, etc.- in the 3 territories interested by the project. The beneficiaries can be already active or interested in activating businesses linked to the production, use or selling of secondary raw materials. In line with the chain-value approach adopted by the project, priority will be given to the use of compost coming from the 3 sites improved with green technologies by CLIMA (Mahdia, Bikfaya and Taanayel).
A local call for proposals will be launched and open to enterprises aiming to:
- improve the quality of their products
- improve their marketing and promotional plans
- enhance their networking and outreach strategy on both territorial and national levels
- Potential beneficiaries
The beneficiaries of the grants will be enterprises (with the main focus on social enterprises) promoting circular economy initiatives. The beneficiaries can be already active or interested in activating businesses linked to the production, use or selling of secondary raw materials. In line with the chain-value approach adopted by the action, priority will be given to the use of compost coming from the 3 sites improved with green technologies by CLIMA (Mahdia, Bikfaya and Taanayel).
- Total available budget
- Number of sub-grants and breakdown by country
12 grants of around 5,000 euro each are plannedd to be awarded as follows:
- 2 in Sestri Levante/Liguria region (Italy)
- 5 in Bikfaya/Taanayef area (Lebanon)
- 5 in Mahdia Governatorate (Tunisia)
- Actions to be carried out with the sub-grants
Establish new or upgrading existing ventures for enterprises and individual start up in the field of circular economy. It will be an asset to submit proposal on compost generated by organic municipal waste, and/or proposal producing compostable goods.
- Selection criteria and award procedure
The calls for applicitons will be published in the target areas, in the web and in the local media. CLIMA partners will nominate a committee of 5 persons for the selection of the 12 grants, according to the main following criteria:
- territorial reference area
- innovation on the use of secondary raw materials
- chain links with other territorial enterprises
- number of workers involved
- involvement of women and gender equality
Call open in Italy until 24/02/2022. More info here.