Plastic Busters CAP in Lebanon is looking for experts in monitoring Marine Litter and Mitigation actions
Tyre Coast Nature Reserve (TCNR), Lebanese partner of the Plastic Busters Cap project is looking for a quotation for monitoring marine litter in Tyre Coast Nature Reserve Beach and implementing mitigations actions measures
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSULTANT
- Monitoring the marine litter on the beach of Tyre Coast Nature Reserve using the Plastic Buster Cap toolkit, during the wet/ and dry season.
- Implementing mitigation actions and measures based on “SETTING UP A SUPS-FREE NETWORK OF COASTAL FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS”.
- Increase awareness on the related actions and measures.
- Presenting two detailed reports (one progress report (deadline May 2023)/ and one final report (deadline September 2023), including all the related data (Photos/ Maps/ Excel sheet/ Statistical analyses) to TCNR.
- Conduct stakeholder training related to the monitoring/ and mitigations activities.
Experts are expected to have all the equipment’s needed for the application of activities related to the tasks.
All the activities should be done in coordination with Tyre Coast Nature Reserve.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience on beach monitoring Marine Litter (protocols/ equipment’s).
- Experience on writing and presenting scientific reports.
- Experience on mitigations and awareness actions.
- Availability of equipment and laboratory for the analysis.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should include the following:
- A technical offer presents proof of qualification and a clear work plan (including material/ methods/ equipment).
- A financial/detailed offer for implementing all the tasks.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and the project Manager: Dr. Ali Badreddine (email@example.com) specify Plastic Busters CAP – Monitoring Marine Litter and Mitigations Actions in the email subject.
The application deadline is March 15th, 2023. Only allowed applicants will be contacted for further file compilation.
Plastic Buster Cap tackles one of the world's biggest challenges, especially in the Mediterranean Sea: "Marine Litter". The project will help enhance and transfer knowledge, experience, and best practice tools that address the entire management cycle of marine litter, from monitoring and assessment to prevention and mitigation, towards an integrated and strategic approach that couples Ecosystem-Based Management and Integrated Coastal Zone Management into local development planning.One of the project's activities is conducting Marine Litter monitoring and mitigations actions.