TRANSDAIRY supports Dairy Innovators to create or scale their Spin-Off in Lebanon
The Euro Lebanese Centre for Industrial Modernisation (ELCIM) at the Industrial Research Institute (IRI) under the ENI CBC Med TRANSDAIRY co-funded project, has issued a call to support the creation of 3 spin-off startup projects or the scale of existing spin-offs in the Dairy sector. The spin-offs should develop innovative solutions in the field of Key Enabling Technologies (KETS) in Dairy, ICT, and Bio/nanotechnology for the Dairy Value Chain (DVC).
Entrepreneurs, enterprises, industries, SMEs, and researchers working in the dairy innovation sector and looking to turn an innovative R&D project into a spin-off business affiliated with their respective company or research institution are invited to apply.
3 selected participants from Lebanon will benefit from a 10,000-euro grant, which will enable them to support the creation of their spin-off in the Dairy Value Chain or support their existing ones.
This presents a unique opportunity to create or support an independent entity that could offer a new line of production/services/process innovations in the dairy sector that can be developed and scaled to Mediterranean markets.
Shortlisted participants will be invited to present their business plan in front of a selection committee and three of them will finally be selected to benefit from the grant and support.
The deadline to submit this application is: April 5, 2023.
Who can apply
- Innovators, entrepreneurs and key enabling technology providers (KET) within the Dairy Value Chain sector
- Ventures and companies in the Dairy Value Chain sector working on R&D projects
- SME’s, industries, NGOs working on spin-off projects in the Dairy, ICT, or Bio/Nano technologies industries
- Researchers, Faculty Members, Lab Members, working on researches in the Dairy Value Chain sector and ICT.
What countries are included in the call
- Entrepreneurs/organizations in Lebanon, Italy, Greece, Tunisia looking to create or collaborate with an existing spin-off of a Lebanese Dairy entrepreneur in Lebanon
- Reside in Lebanon
- Demonstrate the spin-off business model including demonstrated economic viability and combine innovation, applicability, scalability, and team experience
- Demonstrate the Innovation and technology readiness level
Key benefits and opportunities
- Obtain hands-on experience, legal advice, and a financial grant to support the creation or development of the spin-off.
- Access a voucher of 10,000 euros that will be used to support you in the creation or development of your spin off.
- Provide the opportunity to bring to life a new line of production or service for an established enterprise, turn research into a product and a project into an actual product or service.
- Access to the Transdairy regional online collaborative platform which features a database of Dairy Value Chain regional demand and offer and allows communication and networking among regional innovators, suppliers, partners, prospective clients, etc.
- Invitation to apply and if selected, benefit from the subsequent Transdairy activities for 2023, which include: Vouchers for a Co-patent call; vouchers for a demonstration of Research Results call; vouchers for co-publications call.
- The application form must be filled before 05.04.2023 at 5:00 p.m.