BESTMEDGRAPE : Le compte à rebours est lancé… Avez-vous ce qu'il faut pour changer votre vie?
Ce contenu est disponible uniquement en anglais.
Deputy General Manager of Berytech Ramy Boujawdeh details the path for technology transfer & accompaniment to business creation.
Starting in 2021, a new phase of the BESTMEDGRAPE project will start after closing the call for applications and selecting 30 entrepreneurs.
From January 2021 till August 2022, the selected entrepreneurs from Italy, Tunisia, Lebanon, France, and Jordan will follow the path for technology transfer and accompaniment to business creation which includes 5 phases.
Business tools to launch their startup
Ramy Boujawdeh, Deputy General Manager at Berytech, responsible for Business & Entrepreneurship support in BESTMEDGRAPE in Lebanon, explains to our website, the kind of support that Berytech will provide in the creation of startups. It will provide participants with the tools necessary for them to develop and strengthen their skills and expertise that are useful in the launch of their new business. They will receive support in different subjects, and it will represent an actual chance to implement the ideas generated from technology transfer activities. Boujawdeh adds that the initial participants will:
- Understand how the extraction of grape derivatives is done, and how to build their business model to valorize such extraction, the potential market, and management of the intellectual property.
- Receive training in market research, business, revenue models, marketing, and pitching.
- Use an online platform that will collect potential business ideas generated through exchange and cooperation among participants from the partner countries: France, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, and Tunisia.
- Exchange between experts, facilitators, and entrepreneurs during seminars and meetings will lead to the establishment of cross-border business groups and help in identifying the best ideas to be implemented.
- Receive consultancy services, based on their specific needs. Consultancy services will aim at the implementation of a business plan. They will focus on several themes: technological and productive partner selection, the establishment of business, public/private fund-seeking, etc.
- Get a voucher of € 5.000 to be used for the development of the startup.
What do you need to succeed in creating your own business?
From his experience at Berytech, Ramy Boujawdeh indicates that this project will inspire university students and graduates from different fields of studies (sciences, Engineering, Business), academics, researchers, and also aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking to start working on their business idea but have not necessarily identified a challenge to solve, to innovate.
He continues: “We want to push innovators to apply. We will shortlist the 30 most competitive applicants to 10 applications that will benefit from funding vouchers.” When receiving the right support, aspiring entrepreneurs go a long way. Here, Boujawdeh identifies 4 important components:
• The motivation/dedication and passion to pursue a business idea.
• The right support in terms of knowledge, which will be given for BMG in the form of webinars by key experts.
• The networking and relationship building with the teams but also with the support team of the incubators and wider network of trainers and experts.
• Finally, an important component of any program is to have a small grant that would allow validating the business idea.
BMG offers at least 3 out of 4 so the rest is up to the candidates themselves.
Good news for the candidates
Boujawdeh assures that when startups are created within a Berytech program or when they join a Berytech program, they usually become part of a larger pool of supported businesses. They would always be kept informed of new programs that they could benefit from or new opportunities from which their businesses could benefit. They would become part of us as the Berytech community.
Innovation is the key to business success
Boujawdeh finds that there are many reasons why companies should put a lot of emphasis on innovation. The future success of any business depends on how it can innovate. Innovation allows organizations to stay relevant in the competitive market, it also plays an important role in economic growth. The ability to resolve critical problems depends on innovations that increase the chances to react to changes and discover new opportunities. It can also help foster a competitive advantage as it allows us to build better products and services for customers.
BESTMEDGRAPE extends the limit across borders
The potential for innovation in the region is high, and there are several “innovation islands”, according to Boujawdeh. He adds: “Through Berytech’s networks and projects across the Mediterranean and MENA we can play an active role to catalyze opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs in agricultural waste valorization.
Berytech through the BMG program can offer to aspiring entrepreneurs to scale their businesses throughout the region, and be able to attract partners to join them, with the acceleration of digitization after the covid-19 lockdown people are more open to communicate and cooperate through digital platforms.”