The aim of the MedTOWN call is to fund sustainable Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) co-production initiatives on the provision of social services at local level that will be connected (in the same field) with every demonstrative action in every project partner country ((Greece, Palestine, Tunisia, Jordan, Spain and Portugal):
• Distribution of financial aid to vulnerable groups
• Circular economy and recycling
• Community building
• Social inclusion through SSE start-ups and creation of employment
- Bénéficiaires potentiels
Local multi-stakeholder partnerships among SSE actors, local public authorities, small local enterprises, citizens and practitioners, research institutes and researchers.
- Budget total disponible
- Nombre de subventions en cascade et ventilation par pays
10 pilot projects will be funded with a budget ranging from 15.000,00 to 50.000,00 € in 6 countries (Greece, Palestine, Tunisia, Jordan, Spain and Portugal). The number of sub grants per country will be determined based on the quality and relevance, potential impact, multiplier effect and demonstrative value of proposals submitted.
Palestine: 60.000,00 €
Tunisia: 60.000,00 €
Jordan: 60.000,00 €
Greece: 55.000,00 €
Spain: 55.000,00 € (the Lead Beneficiary is planning to allocate 10-15.000,00 to finance a pilot project in Portugal)
- Activités à mettre en œuvre avec les subventions en cascade
Some examples could be the following:
Co-production in local authorities
• Coproduction of participation policies at local level, digital democracy
• Coproduction of community social services financial assistance to vulnerable families
• Using the skills, knowledge and views of the community through Time Credits scheme
• Managing solid waste management with the active participation of the community
• Coproducing local strategies for urban public space regeneration
Co-production in organisations providing support and housing
• Housing and accommodation strategies for people with a learning disability, women victim of gender violence, students, refugees, people with dementia
• Coproduction for improved governance of energy efficiency in housing
Co-production in organisations that support people in the community
• Support to people with learning difficulties and the communities where they live
• Co-production with young disabled people in transition
• Self-advocacy for people with learning difficulties
• Mental health recovery services
• Carers’ wellbeing
• Coproduced services for people with dementia
Co-production with young people in or leaving care
• Improving local authority support for care leavers
• Co-designing better support for care leavers in transition to adulthood.
• Improving young people’s self-esteem through participation
- Critères de sélection et procédure d'attribution
An international selection, management and monitoring committee, composed by representatives from all project partners, will be created. It will define the criteria, protocols and model of sub-granting; and will be assisted by the Scientific Board and the Communication Committee in order to evaluate the socio-economic impacts of the pilot projects and to frame a transparent and visible selection process.
There might be open call for the submission of co-production proposals at local level. In order to create more multiple impacts, the pilot projects will be implemented in the same territory as the demonstrative actions.
The selection method will be that of the best price-quality ratio and the evaluation criteria will be varied in every territory according to the specific target groups.
- Calendrier provisoire
May 2021-July 2021
Project Director and Coordinator
Asamblea de Cooperación por la Paz
Tel: 0034 954171990
- Site web