RESMYLE en Jordanie invite les jeunes à rejoindre le Green Construction Innovation Hackathon
Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
The hackathon is organized by the newly established Green Construction Innovation Lab (GCIL) in collaboration with the Center of Excellence for Innovative Projects (CEIP) at Jordan University of Science and Technology(JUST). The GCIL was opened as part of the objectives of the RESMYLE project that focuses on supporting NEETs´ entrepreneurship and innovation in sustainable development issues in Jordan.
The GCIL 2022 Hackathon will bring together NEETs and green construction industry leaders and successful young entrepreneurs in Jordan who will provide mentorship and guidance to young aspiring entrepreneurs to develop innovative sustainable solutions to face the challenges of the construction sector in Jordan. The hackathon will support ideas within the following subject areas:
• Creating durable and green construction and building material.
• Innovations in renewable energy production and storage.
• Developing prototypes for smart building technologies.
• New applications in water harvesting and air purification.
• Sustainable and affordable applications in green infrastructure and green roofs.
• Designing and testing green street furniture (Bus stops, public shading devices, street lighting, signage systems, waste containers, paving material)
The hackathon will be held from January 25th to January 29th, 2022 following a hybrid model (on campus in JUST and online). During five days, participants will work on developing their proposals and ideas, will learn about design thinking strategies, developing business and commercial models, basic marketing ideas, and interact with experts and entrepreneurs in the green construction industry in Jordan. Applicants will receive feedback on their ideas from mentors and prepare a final presentation of their ideas to a group of experts on the last day of the hackathon.
Winning participants will be hosted as RESMYLE’S GCIL ENTREPRENEURS and will receive further technical support, business training, and accesses to shared workspaces, incubation offices, and experimentation labs.
• Hackathon online orientation: If you have questions about the hackathon, join us on Monday, December 27th, 2021 at 2:30pm (GMT+2) on ZOOM for a one-hour orientation.
° ZOOM link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88062815899?pwd=SW1BSmRDT3oycUFqVzlwSE9ianI0Zz09
° ZOOM meeting ID: 880 6281 5899
° ZOOM meeting password: 524510
• Application deadlines: January, 20th, 2022.
° Application form: https://forms.gle/1jfnR4xBvMQUeZSq8
GCIL is inviting all young Jordanians, who are 18-29 and not in education, employment, or training who wish to further develop their green construction innovations to apply now!