Jordan: ESMES project is looking for a project officer
Project background and description:
The project is part of the ENI CBC Med Programme (http://www.enicbcmed.eu ), the largest multilateral initiative for cross-border cooperation (CBC) in the Mediterranean area. The Programme is funded by the European Union under the European Neighborhood Instrument (ENI) and managed by the Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Italy).
The general objective of the Programme is to foster fair, equitable and sustainable economic, social, and territorial development, which may advance cross-border integration and valorize participating countries’ territories and values. The strategy is based on the following two overall objectives: Promote economic and social development and address common challenges in the environment.
Energy Smart Mediterranean Schools Network (ESMES) project faces the issues of growing energy demand, fossil fuel dependence and increasing CO2 emissions in the Mediterranean area. Buildings have high energy consumption, causing 36% of CO2 and high economic costs. Intervention in public schools is critical, being a relevant part of buildings stock with a low/often unknown energy performance.
ESMES will focus on the optimization of energy consumption in public schools through innovative, monitoring-based renewable energy and energy efficiency (REEE) pilot actions and will improve the capacity of 5 public institutions in order to implement innovative energy rehabilitations.
The project is coordinated by Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria (ICU) and implemented by partner organizations from 5 Mediterranean countries (Italy, Spain, Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Coordinator in:
- Daily implementation and monitoring of project activities, coordination with the partner and stakeholders in Jordan.
- Financial management of the project: accountancy, reporting and monitoring of expenses Preparation of periodic reports for the donor
- Communication activities: website management, social network update, newsletter drafting, communication material preparation.
- Supporting ESMES team in Lebanon and Tunisia.
- Other duties if necessary
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Engineering, Management, Law or Political Science
- 2 year of work experience with international NGOs (preferably EU funded energy projects) working in the management of development project in terms of:
- Project activities implementation
- Accountancy and financial management
- Writing of new proposals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensure timely and accurate work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of standard office software, such as MS Office (especially Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to draft reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format
- Language requirements: Excellent speaking and written English and Arabic, knowledge of Italian or French would be an advantage.
How to apply
Send to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org a UNIQUE PDF document containing:
1. CV in English
2. Motivation letter in English
The subject of the email must be "Project officer ESMES | Application for SURNAME NAME".
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.